Make no mistake, the list is far lengthier than this, but here are seven things Jen is better at than me…
1. Keeping up with old friends – It’s not unusual for me to come home and find her sprawled out on the couch twirling a ball of yarn in her hands and chatting it up with somebody from high school. I have trouble keeping up with my family. Big win for her.
2. Staying attractive while eating everything she looks at – It’s incredible really. I run a 5k every day, go to the gym, and drink tons of water. She just winks at me while face deep in a Braum’s double dip. And she never runs. I don’t understand it.
3. Writing – It’s true. I started the blog, she brings it home.
4. Creativity – I thought my week-long scavenger hunt proposal was awesome. She blows it out of the water every day.
5. Music – Of course this is like saying Beyonce is better at dancing than “The Situation” but still, Beyonce is really really good at dancing. And yes, in that metaphor I am “The Situation”
6. Thinking things through – It’s not ideal that the emotionally grounded one of us two called me the other day yelping ,“I think my truck has been stolen!!!” before remembering she left it at work. But I’m afraid it’s probably true.
7. Style – She makes her own clothes, jewelry, and accessories. If at all possible I have no doubt I would wear my OSU basketball shorts and this hideous tank-top I got at Goodwill every day of the week. That’s a loss for me and really for her too because I even own the tank-top.
What is your spouse better at than you?